South Halls Head Primary School celebrated its ten year reunion last week welcoming back former students and staff members to join the fun.
The school was opened by education minister at the time and now Premier Mark McGowan, on August 24, 2008.
Other interesting school facts:
- The first school Independent Public School in Mandurah.
- First Christmas Disco held.
- School Song written and recorded.
- School Building Fund established so that the school could be air conditioned.
- First Beach Carnival and Science Fair were held.
- The transportable classroom was damaged when it lost its roof in a big storm.
- South Halls Head student, Ryan White, won the state final of the Speak Up Awards.
- South Halls Head won the A grade district athletics carnival.
- The pre-primary garden was established. .
- South Halls Head was the Sum Fun trophy winners (state wide maths competition).
- Senior Choir performed at the Mandurah Proms and at the Perth Convention Centre.
- Year 7 students went to the high school.
- The Fitness track was installed.
- The Water tank installed to reduce the salinity of bore water.
- Students took part in Patch Theatre production ‘The Moon’s A Balloon’.
- Sum Dog Maths overall winners for South Metro Region.
- Students perform with the Australian Opera Company.
- Noongar welcome song “Wanjoo’ by Gina Williams added to each assembly.
- Winners State Tag Rugby.