Local theatre company Primadonna Productions have welcomed the news that they will be up for seven awards at this year’s Independent Theatre Association annual awards night.
The Robert Finley awards, now in their 44th year, are the state’s premier celebration of community and independent theatre.
The nominations were announced on January 13, in time for the award night on January 19.
It comes shortly after the community performance group were invited to perform part of their most successful show Downtown – The Mod Musical at the awards ceremony.
Company director Carole Dhu said it was an “exciting” time for Primadonna Productions.
“We’re ecstatic to receive seven nods on the evening,” she said.
“Although none of us do this rather time consuming hobby to win prizes, it is always an honour to be recognised within the larger pool of community theatre shows that are put on annually statewide.”
Primadonna Productions were nominated for:
- Best Youth Musical – ‘Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood’
- Best Actress in a Musical – Sian Dhu in ‘Once Upon A Mattress’
- Best Actress in a Musical – Elysia Miller in ‘Downtown’
- Best Ensemble – ‘Downtown’
- Best Costumes in a Musical – ‘Downtown’
- Best Director of a Musical – Carole Dhu
- Best Choreographer – Carole Dhu
To find out how the company go at the Robert Finley awards, follow Primadonna Productions on Facebook.