The shirtless streaker who ran onto Optus Stadium says he regrets his decision to jump the fence in the final minutes of Collingwood's win over Geelong on Thursday night.
Back on the job after his night in the spotlight, Mandurah concreter Jesse Hayen now faces a fine of up to $50,000 after allegedly breaching the Optus Stadium's COVID-19 quarantine zone.
The oval was deemed a quarantine zone with the two Victorian sides facing off during their quarantine period, having relocated to WA earlier in the week.
Mr Hayen said he jumped the fence because it was a childhood dream of his.
"From a young age I have always wanted to do something like that," he told the Mandurah Mail.
Mr Hayen was detained by security personnel before he could reach those on the oval, and has now been charged with one count of failed to comply with a direction.
He has also been banned from Optus Stadium for three years.
"I regret what I've done," he said. "I've fulfilled a childhood dream of mine but it was under very sh...y circumstances.
"I wouldn't do it again."
Just over 22,000 people attended last night's game, the biggest crowd allowed to a match so far this season.
WA Police acting assistant commissioner Brad Sorrell said it was disappointing to see the breach take place, but described the remainder of the crowd as "respectful."
"Acts of this kind will not be tolerated and are totally unacceptable in our current state of emergency," he said.
"Our planning kicked in and the stadium security acted decisively and with professionalism to prevent a serious quarantine issue.
"The AFL, Optus Stadium and WA Police Force engaged in significant planning, working well together and there were no other issues during the match."
Signage and audio announcements at the match advised attendees that it was an offence to enter the oval.
A huge electronic sign warned that the field of play was a quarantine zone and access was strictly prohibited and could result in a $50,000 fine.
Mr Hayen will face the Perth Magistrates Court on July 24.
Both Geelong and Collingwood's players and travelling officials have been in a quarantine bubble since arriving in Perth last week.
No interaction with the general public has been allowed.
"I would like to apologise to all of WA, all the AFL football teams, and the AFL itself for any inconvenience that I've caused," Mr Hayen said.
"Also, up the Pies!"