A three-year-old child is among three new confirmed cases of coronavirus in Western Australia, while the condition of one of the previously confirmed cases from the Al Kuwait livestock ship has deteriorated.
The Department of Health says all of the three new cases are recently returned overseas travellers who had been placed in hotel quarantine and remain there.
The child, a Western Australian, is also a known contact of a previously confirmed case.
The other two cases are a female in her 60s, also from WA, and a male in his 30s from interstate.
Of 28 active cases in the state, 20 are from the Al Kuwait ship, which arrived from the United Arab Emirates on May 22 with 48 multinational crew on board and remains stranded at Fremantle Port.
All of the confirmed cases from the vessel were placed in hotel isolation, but one of them was admitted to Royal Perth Hospital overnight.
The WA government began its two-week DETECT Snapshot program on Wednesday, allowing asymptomatic healthcare workers, WA Police staff, meat workers, supermarket and retail staff, and hospitality workers to undergo a swab test.
The department said around 800 people were tested as part of the program on Saturday, while almost 500 others who presented to clinics were swabbed.
Public hospital visit rules are being relaxed on Tuesday and the state will enter phase three of eased restrictions on Saturday, when the required spacings between people at indoor and outdoor venues will be halved to two square metres.
The limit on gatherings will be increased five-fold to 100 people, while at venues where there are multiple divided spaces, gatherings of up to 300 will be permitted, allowing many businesses to reopen.
Australian Associated Press