Mandurah photographer 'incredibly disappointed' after bridge artwork vandalised

A Mandurah photographer is disappointed his project lining the Mandurah Bridge has been vandalised after being on display for less than three weeks.

Daniel Wilkins photographed 90 people for Faces of Mandurah, a open-air gallery he created with Mark Labrow, as part of the Mandurah Arts Festival.

Residents' quirky and interesting memories of Mandurah's new and old bridge were accompanied with a photo of themselves and revealed on November 5.

Mr Wilkins said he had received several messages from people expressing their disappointment the artwork had been vandalised after five images were torn down.

"Mark and I poured our hearts into it," he said.

"I'm incredibly disappointed.

"It was a project I enjoyed working on and the amount of positive comments from people I didn't know was really encouraging."

Mr Wilkins said the pair worked for more than two months on the project.

"I love Mandurah and it was one of those things I just enjoyed being part of," he said.

"It's disappointing to see some of the work has been wrecked, but it's more disappointing for people who have not had a chance to look at it."

A City of Mandurah spokeswoman said four or five of the prints had been damaged.

"We are looking into the possibility of replacing the missing ones," she said.

"The Faces of Mandurah exhibition was a temporary exhibition and some of the vinyls had started peeling prior to this.

"The artworks have been really well received and tell part of Mandurah's story beautifully."