HSC students in NSW will have to wait an extra week to learn their ATARs, as the state's COVID-19 outbreak blows out the exam timetable.
ATARs will now be released on December 17, not December 10 as previously scheduled.
The announcement from the Universities Admissions Centre comes as the education board said assessments would be delayed to give students more time to prepare.
The due date for all major projects has been extended by two weeks - four for industrial technology students - and written exams due to start in October have been pushed back a week.
Students will begin taking their exams on October 17, while drama performance exams have been reschedule to run from 6 to 17 September.
Music performance exams will continue as scheduled, running from 30 August to 10 September.
Earlier this week, oral language exams were delayed until August 14.
Lockdown for Greater Sydney and its surrounds was set to end on July 30, but will likely be extended after the state recorded another 136 cases on Friday.
Three local government areas - Orange, Blayney and Cabonne - in regional NSW are also in lockdown until at least July 28.
Professor Peter Shergold, the chairman of the NSW Education Standards Authority's pandemic response committee, sought to reassure students they would still receive their results and university offers despite the worsening outbreak in Sydney.
"We know students want certainty about their exams, our priority is to limit disruption to HSC students," he said.
"Our aim is to give students as much clarity as possible so they can focus on their studies, their goals and their personal wellbeing."
With schools across the state operating under a variety of different circumstances, special illness and misadventure processes and any other contingency arrangements will be available to ensure equity and fairness for all students, Prof Shergold said.
Australian Associated Press