Early voting commences on Wednesday for the 2021 state election, with electors free to vote either at early voting centres around the state, or on polling day.
Around 70 early voting centres will operate including in EVC Falcon at Unit 13/651 Old Coast Road and Eastlake Church at 99 Lakes Road, Greenfields.
Early voting opening hours are:
- Wednesday 24 - Friday 26 February 2021 8am - 6pm
- Tuesday 2 - Friday 5 March 2021 8am - 6pm
- Saturday 6 March 2021 8am - 6pm
- Monday 8 - Friday 12 March 2021 8am - 6pm
Eastlake Church is wheelchair accessible and there is accessibility equipment available.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the election with a range of physical distancing and social hygiene measures adopted.
These measures will include:
- More early voting centres, with longer operating hours
- Additional polling places near venues that took exceptionally large numbers of votes in 2017
- Regular cleaning of polling venues and the provision of relevant protective equipment (if required)
- limits on the number of voters allowed into polling venues at any one time
- Greater distancing of electors and polling staff through venue layout and tighter queue management
- Single-use pencils will be available to electors, and electors are also being encouraged to bring their own pen or pencil
The SafeWA QR Code system is at all early voting centres. If electors are unable to use the SafeWA app, a manual contact register system will be in place.
Polling day is Saturday, March 13.
Facebook has banned news from its platform. You can read our response here.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: