Another major Peel festival has been called off, less than an hour after the cancellation of this weekend's Mandurah's Crab Fest.
Fairbridge Festival, which was due to run for its 27th year at Fairbridge Village in Pinjarra during the April school holidays, has been postponed for six months.
The announcement on Friday comes after Prime Minister Scott Morrison said organised non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people shouldn't continue after Monday.
It doesn't include schools, universities, public transport or airports, Mr Morrison said in Sydney.
PM advises against international travel
Australians have also been advised to reconsider all international travel due to COVID-19.
After a meeting of the Council of Australian Governments heard from Chief Medical Officer Brendan Murphy, Reserve Bank Governor Phil Lowe and Treasury Secretary Steven Kennedy, the leaders made the decision to slow the spread of COVID-19 across the country.
A national cabinet, including the Prime Minister, premiers and chief ministers will also meet weekly to react to the public health crisis.
"There was growing evidence, as we were receiving, particularly over the course of the day, of greater community transmission of the coronavirus throughout Australia," Mr Morrison said.
Major events cancelled
Earlier, advice given to federal, state and territory governments said to cancel all events with more than 500 people.
Federal, state and territory leaders met with health authorities across the country on Friday morning, as Mandurah Crab Fest, Melbourne Grand Prix, Canberra's Skyfire and other events were cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Chief Medical Officer Brendan Murphy and the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee gave the advice to the Council of Australian Governments meeting in Sydney.
There had been calls to cancel the opening round of the NRL season this weekend as well as other events, as part of measures to stem the spread of the disease.
Five new WA cases confirmed
WA recorded five more cases of the virus overnight, bringing the total to 14 including one death.
The goal of cancelling such events is to slow the spread of the disease across the community.
Current tickets valid for new dates
A statement by the FolkWorld board, which runs Fairbridge Festival, said they had been planning for the event of a cancellation.
"We do not make this decision lightly and understand that many musicians, artists, staff, volunteers and extended community will be affected by it," the statement read.
"While we are actively committed to supporting local, national and international artists and providing a space for music lovers to come together, our first priority must be the health of everyone in our community."
Fairbridge Festival general manager Stuart MacLeod said it is a difficult time not only for the organisation, but for the industry in general across Australia and the world.
"FolkWorld is a not-for-profit organisation, run on the passion of a small group of dedicated staff and a large cohort of loyal volunteers, numbering over 400," he said.
"The Festival has been run for 27 years through the hard work of these people. Fairbridge Festival provides a family experience unlike any other in WA, and we look forward to continuing to provide this experience for our community at a time deemed safe by qualified health professionals.
"Our team is excited to bring your Fairbridge Festival later in the year, and we hope to announce these new dates as soon as possible."
All current tickets purchased will be valid for the new festival dates. Ticket holders will be contacted within seven working days with further updates regarding the postponement, along with the option to request a full refund.