Five Seniors Week events in the Murray-Wellington region will be funded by the state government next week.
More than $80,000 has been delivered by the state to hold events across Western Australia, with Murray-Wellington MP Robyn Clarke announcing the successful local activities.
"Seniors Week is a great opportunity to put senior's issues in the spotlight and celebrate the wonderful contributions they make in our community," she said.
"I am looking forward to joining in Seniors Week celebrations - events like these are a fantastic way to bring the community together."
The successful grant recipients in Murray-Wellington are:
- The Shire of Waroona for their Seniors Sea to Scarp bus tour.
- Harvey Recreational and Cultural Centre for their celebration of Seniors Week.
- The Shire of Murray for the Dancing through the Decades event.
- Brunswick Junction Community Resource Centre's Seniors Matinee and Expo.
- The Friends of Edenvale for the Tea for seniors at Edenvale event.
Grants of up to $3000 were provided for the Seniors Week events, which runs from November 10 to 17.
The activities celebrate seniors and encourage active ageing.