Department of Fire and Emergency Services crews have rushed to extinguish a blaze at a property in North Yunderup on Tuesday afternoon, with a pensioner receiving burns to his arms and face in the incident.
A member of the public alerted the authorities that two sheds were on fire about 12.39pm at a premises on MacKenzie Court.
Mandurah DFES station officer Mike Stamperle said the man had been working on a fuel leak on his vintage car before the “explosion”.
Eleven fire appliances from Pinjarra Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Mandurah Fire and Rescue, Pinjarra Volunteer Fire and Rescue, the West Murray Bushfire Brigade and Falcon Volunteer Fire and Rescue attended.
The blaze was extinguished about 1.09pm.
A St John’s Ambulance spokeswoman said a man in his 80s was being treated for burns on his face and arms, with the pensioner to be taken to Peel Health Campus.