Update: Search continues for man who allegedly used homemade shotgun at Pinjarra home

The search continues for a man potentially armed with a homemade shotgun after a shot was believed to be fired at a Pinjarra home on Monday morning, while children were present. 

It is believed the shot was fired at a house on Hampton Road about 6am and 51-year-old Michael Wayne Yates could assist police with their inquiries.

Mandurah Detective Senior Sergeant Trevor Troy said there were “multiple” children and adults present at the address.

Senior Sergeant Troy said they believed at least one shot had been fired.

“We didn’t find evidence of additional shots being fired,” he said.

“The reverberation and echo may have given the impression of multiple shots.”

The reverberation and echo may have given the impression of multiple shots

Mandurah Detective Senior Sergeant Trevor Troy

Detective Constable Gabriella Starbuck said no one had been injured during the incident but it was a “targeted attack”.

Senior Sergeant Troy said they were looking for Mr Yates and a vehicle he was believed to be driving, a white 2005 Ford Territory Station Sedan, registration 1GLO438.

“In the interim it is still important for us to locate the car,” he said. 

“We believe it would be frequenting addresses in Mandurah and Pinjarra.

”I urge members of the public not to approach him – there is still a firearm out there.”

He is described as approximately 180cm tall, with a medium build, short blonde hair, goatee beard and light skinned.

Anyone who sees Mr Yates or the vehicle is advised not to approach him as police believe he may be armed, but to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.