The Peel region’s athletes, volunteers, sporting clubs and organisations will be brought into the spotlight at the annual City of Mandurah Sports Awards on Wednesday night.
Mandurah is no stranger to sporting success with hundreds of our locals shining in their respective fields, but the awards will honour the cream of the crop at a presentation dinner, with awards handed out for the following categories:
- Sports Person of the Year
- Senior Sports Person of the Year
- Junior Sports Person of the Year
- Sports Person of the Year with a Disability
- Club of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Junior Team of the Year
- Male Volunteer of the Year
- Female Volunteer of the Year
Last year saw Mandurah Magic basketball star Casey Mihovilovich take out the top gong for the Sports Person of the Year category, while Peel Thunder legend Rory O’Brien became the first inductee into the City of Mandurah Sports Hall of Fame.