A Dudley Park man who pleaded not guilty to wilfully destroying evidence of a crime has appeared in court after spending three nights in custody accused of breaching his bail conditions.
The 37-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Two weeks ago, police prosecutor Sean Discombe had told the court the man destroyed the evidence on August 4, 2018.
The evidence was in the form of a computer hard drive, which held footage that had been captured by security cameras. The footage allegedly showed a 15-year-old boy setting a man alight.
The 15-year-old boy was charged with grievous bodily harm and appeared in the Perth Children’s Court on August 20.
On Tuesday, police prosecutor Mick Fallows told the court the 37-year-old did not report to police on Thursday, August 30.
His bail conditions require him to report weekly on Tuesday and Thursday.
Senior Constable Fallows said the man had attempted to report on Friday, August 31, and was subsequently taken into custody.
Magistrate Anne Longden told the court the man’s bail would be reset but he was “on notice”.
Ms Longden said the man would be unlikely to receive bail again if he did not comply with the reporting conditions.
The 37-year-old man is due to reappear in the same court on October 9, 2018.