Companies and entrepreneurs from across the region congregated in Mandurah on Saturday night for the 2018 Alcoa Peel Business Excellence Awards Gala Awards night.
There were close to 400 people in attendance at the Mandurah Peel Convention Centre, with a record number of nominations and entrants this year across eight categories.
Peel Chamber of Commerce and Industry general manager Andrew McKerrell said the event was backed by a host of local business leaders, who made the event possible through their support.
“The Chamber wishes to congratulate all 2018 finalists, runners up and winners, and looks forward to another year of business excellence in regional WA,” he said.
A winner and runner-up was named in each section, with the triumphant businesses and individuals as follows:
- 2018 Home Based Business Award Winner – Kev’s Wheelie Kleen
- 2018 Home Based Business Award Runner Up – Grubs Up Australia
- Micro Business Award (fewer than five employees) Winner – Mandurah Boat and Bike Hire
- Micro Business Award (fewer than five employees) Runner Up – Cox Legal
- Business with 5 to 10 Employees Award Winner – Eco Spa
- Business with 5 to 10 Employees Award - Waroona Veterinary Clinic
- Business with 11 to 20 Employees Award Winner – Kanyana Engineering Pty Ltd
- Business with 11 to 20 Employees Award Runner Up - Jarra Infusion
- Business with 20+ Employees Award Winner – Mandurah Cruises
- Business with 20+ Employees Award Runner Up - The Peninsula Bar & Restaurant
- Start Up Business Award Winner – Skin Within
- Start Up Business Award Runner Up - Grubs Up Australia
- Tourism Excellence Award Winner – Eco Spa
- Tourism Excellence Award Runner Up - Three Rivers Brewing Company
- Community Engagement Award Winner – Cox Legal
- Community Engagement Award Runner Up - Lockdown Security Solutions
- Peel CCI People’s Choice: Excellence in Service Award Winner – Jarra Infusion
4Life Physiotherapy was inducted into the Peel Business Excellence Hall of Fame as result of being crowned champion in the Business with 11 to 20 Employees Award category for three consecutive years.
The 2018 Peel CCI Individual Excellence Award was awarded to Mr. Peter Bowler for his tireless service and assistance to businesses in the region.