Dudley Park man remanded on destroying evidence charge

Photo: Shutterstock.
Photo: Shutterstock.

A Dudley Park man has been given six weeks to apply for legal aid, after he appeared in Mandurah Magistrates Court this week to face one charge of wilfully destroying evidence of a crime.

The 37-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, did not enter a plea to the charge.

Police prosecutor Sean Discombe told the court the man destroyed the evidence on August 4, 2018. 

The evidence was in the form of a computer hard drive, which held footage that had been captured by security cameras. The footage allegedly showed a 15-year-old boy setting a man alight.

Read More:

The 15-year-old boy was charged with grievous bodily harm and appeared in the Perth Children’s Court on August 20. 

Lawyer Clare Hay told the court the 37-year-old man needed time to submit a legal aid application.

He will reappear in the same court on December 7, 2018.