Mandurah audiences will experience a taste of Russian culture when Moscow Ballet 'La Classique' returns to Australia to perform the the jewel of classical ballet – "The Nutcracker".
Tchaikovsky's ageless tale of bravery and dreams, will be presented by Grand International Concerts.
Following their sell-out 2017 performances of "Swan Lake", organisers have tipped the production to be popular with local audiences.
Moscow Ballet 'La Classique' was founded in 1990 by its current artistic director Elik Melikov.
La Classique’s production of the much-loved fairytale is aimed to capture the imagination, the passion, humour and magic of the ballet.
Soloist Vadim Pakhomov in The Nutcracker said he looked forward to bringing the classic production to Mandurah audiences.
He said he was excited to visit the Peel region and hoped to find time for tourist activities during the tour.
The show will consists of lavish costumes, artistic ballet mastery and magnificent stage sets in a hope to take the audience on a journey back in time to the frost-covered, gaslight world of Clara, her beloved Nutcracker Doll and the Magician Drosselmeyer.
This romantic tale with its blend of magic and realism brings to life the popular Tchaikovsky score featuring "Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy" and "The Waltz Of The Flowers".
La Classique will perform The Nutcracker at the following locations:
- Perth’s Regal Theatre – March 9-10. For bookings contact Ticketek on 132 849 or 1300 795 012. For more information visit there website (www.regaltheatre.com.au).
- Geralton’s Queens Park Theatre – March 13. For bookings call (08) 9956 6662. For more information visit www.queensparktheatre.com.au.
- Mandurah’s Performing Arts Centre – March 16. For bookings call (08) 9550 3900. For more information visit www.manpac.com.au.
- Bunbury’s Regional Entertainment Centre – March 17. For bookings call 1300 661 272.
- Albany Entertainment Centre – March 18. For bookings call (08) 9844 5005 or 1300 795 012.