The Mandurah and Peel Tourism Organisation (MAPTO) has announced it will sponsor Buy West Eat Best’s state wide cooking competition, in which celebrities partner with chefs from around the state use produce from the regions to produce a signature dish.
The idea of WA's Celebrity Signature Dish is to come up with a dish that would symbolise the region and its produce.
The ambassador for the Peel region is Channel 7’s Mark Gibson who will be working with chef Kenny McHardy from Fremantle’s Manuka Woodfire Kitchen.
To increase exposure for Mandurah and the Peel region, MAPTO said they were also working closely with Amanda Carlin from TheChefHisWifePerth.com as a Peel region ambassador.
Ms Carlin, who is the “social media influencer” for Mandurah and Peel for WA Celebrity Signature Dish, is also one of the main contributors for Buggybuddys, a Perth guide for families and kids.
WA's Celebrity Signature Dish 2017 celebrities, partner chefs and regions include:
- Partnered by: Mandurah and Peel Tourism Organisation (MAPTO)
- Talent: Mark Gibson, Channel 7
- Chef: Kenny McHardy, Manuka Woodfire Kitchen
- Partnered by: Kimberley Development Commission
- Talent: Peter Curulli, mix94.5 'Lisa & Pete'
- Chef: Pete Manifis, Passion Meets Purveyor
Swan Valley Region
- Partnered by: City of Swan
- Talent: Justin Langer, Famous Australian cricketer
- Chef: Caroline Taylor, The Humane Foodist
Southern Forests Region
- Partnered by: Southern Forests Food Council Inc.
- Talent: Rayne Embley, Perth Lifestyle Blogger
- Chef: Ollie Gould, Shorehouse