Lakelands fire leaves teen in shock, house gutted

A teenager is being treated for shock following a devastating house fire in Lakelands on Friday afternoon.

The blaze broke out about 2.20pm on Coila Bend in the northern Mandurah suburb.

Within minutes the house was engulfed by flames, with local crews called to try to contain the fire.

Investigators are expected to attend the property, with no official word yet on what caused the blaze.

Early reports suggest it was started by a spark from a nearby vehicle, but this has not been confirmed.

St John Ambulance crews, Western Power and police were all called to the scene.

The fire was brought under control within half an hour, with fire crews working for more than an hour to fully extinguish the blaze.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop