UPDATE: Bunbury detectives have charged a man over an alleged machete attack in Carey Park on May 10.
Bunbury Detective Sergeant Robert Martin told the Mail on Friday, officers arrested a man at a home in Australind.
The man was charged with aggravated burglary, aggravated armed assault and threats to harm.
Police will allege three offenders attended a home on Moolyeen Road, Carey Park and demanded money from the male and female occupants inside.
The man who lived at the home was then allegedly attacked with a machete, leaving him with a wound to his head and lacerations on his hands.
Police are still searching for the other men believed to be involved in the attack.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
EARLIER: Bunbury detectives are on the hunt for up to four people who bashed a Carey Park resident at his home on Wednesday evening.
Police said the victim opened his door to a man about 6.25pm.
He was grabbed by the man and forced into his house.
The victim managed to push the offender back outside, but three other men who had been waiting nearby attacked him.
Security footage obtained by the Bunbury Mail shows the attack happening.
The victim of the assault sustained multiple injuries and was treated at hospital for cuts to his hand and head, and bruising and abrasions over his body.
Forensic officers have searched the area, but no arrests have been made at this stage.
The story Man charged over alleged Carey Park machete attack first appeared on Bunbury Mail.