Premier-elect Mark McGowan has named Mandurah MP David Templeman minister for local government, culture and the arts, and heritage.
But Mr Templeman misses out on responsibility for the Peel region, with the shadow portfolio he held before the election to be rolled into the regional development portfolio and handed to metropolitan MP Alannah MacTiernan.
He was also named leader of the Legislative Assembly, a position in which he will manage government business in parliament.
Ms MacTiernan was also named minister for agriculture and food and minister assisting Mr McGowan with his state development, jobs and trade portfolio.
Kwinana MP Roger Cook was named health minister and minister for mental health and would have responsibility for implementing the Labor party’s commitments to help fund a youth health hub and suicide prevention program in Mandurah.
Former minister and commonwealth prosecutor Margaret Quirk and former Conservation Council boss Chris Tallentire both missed out on front-bench positions.
Mark McGowan’s cabinet
- Mark McGowan – Premier; Minister for Public Sector Management; State Development, Jobs and Trade; Federal-State Relations
- Roger Cook – Deputy Premier; Minister for Health; Mental Health
- Sue Ellery – Education and Training; Leader of the Legislative Council
- Stephen Dawson – Environment; Disability Services; Deputy Leader of the Legislative Council
- Michelle Roberts – Police; Road Safety
- Alannah MacTiernan – Regional Development; Agriculture and Food; Minister Assisting the Minster for State Development, Jobs and Trade
- Francis Logan – Emergency Services; Corrective Services
- David Templeman – Local Government; Heritage; Culture and the Arts; Leader of the House
- John Quigley – Attorney General
- Mick Murray – Seniors and Ageing; Volunteering; Sport and Recreation
- Ben Wyatt – Treasurer; Minister for Finance; Energy; Aboriginal Affairs
- Paul Papalia – Tourism; Racing and Gaming; Small Business; Defence Issues; Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs
- Bill Johnston – Asian Engagement; Housing; Electoral Affairs; Commerce and Industrial Relations
- Rita Saffioti – Transport; Planning; Lands
- Peter Tinley – Mines and Petroleum; Veterans Issues; Youth
- Simone McGurk – Child Protection; Women’s Interests; Prevention of Family and Domestic Violence; Community Services
- Dave Kelly – Water; Fisheries; Forestry; Innovation and ICT; Science