Season ends for Baldivis after weekend loss

THE 2012 Peel Football League season is officially over for Baldivis after they failed to use their homeground  advantage over Centrals on Sunday.

Mundijong kicked away in the second term to keep their finals hopes alive with a 42-point win and move into a do-or-die clash with South Mandurah this weekend.

It was a tight opening term between the two sides in the elimination final, but it was the Brumbies who headed into the first change with a slender one-point lead.

It was the last Baldivis would see of the lead as that lead quickly evaporated.

Ten goals to four in the second turned the match in Centrals’ favour as the Brumbies went into the sheds at half-time 36 points down.

Baldivis tried to fire in the third as their crowd got behind them, but they could only bridge the gap to 33 points at the final change.

From there, Centrals were able to run out the match and take the 18.12 (120) to 12.6 (78) win.

Daniel Wilson led his side up forward with five goals while Ryan Murphy kicked four and Daniel Dalby slotted three.

For the Brumbies captain Michael McCann tried in vain to inspire his side with three goals.

Centrals will need to win on the road again this weekend when they clash with South Mandurah at Falcon Oval on Sunday from 2.30pm.

In the qualifying final Waroona flexed their muscle, easily accounting for South Mandurah at home by 88 points.

The match was effectively over at quarter-time as the Demons opened up a 34-point lead and restricted the Falcons to just a single major.

By half-time that lead was extended to 50 points as the Demons continued their recent run of form.

Fifteen goals to three-quarter-time showed the ability of the Demons forwards to capitalise on every opportunity, while at the other end Tregenza was starved of opportunity.

Despite the 20.13 (133) to 7.3 (45) loss, South Mandurah will need to regroup ahead of their sudden death final with Centrals this weekend.

Tregenza still managed three goals despite limited possession in the Falcons forward which is a positive to take from the match.

Waroona will travel to Rockingham to take on the rested Rockingham Rams in the second semi-final on Sunday from 2.30pm.

Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide